Tuesday, March 23, 2010

$450 Dollers For A MUTT?

There was a cute dog in the store today the owner said it was a Cockapoo. This is of course a cute name for a mutt breed from a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle. Out of curiosity I googled the Cockapoo and found you can spend any where from $450 - $1000 for one of these dogs.


This is so ridiculous I can't even believe it. Some one told me that its because they are new breed of dog but if that is true then why aren't they listed on the American Kennel Club list of Pure Breed dogs? Of course they aren't the only new Designer Mutts apparently anything you mix with a Poodle and give a cute name too is worth a fortune. Now There is the Snoodle, the Airedoodle, Boxerdoodle, Cavepoo, Eskipoo, Foodle, Laberadoodle.....etc.

Why would you spend so much money for a mutt when you can go to the pound and find the same type of mixed up doggies for about $70 for the adoption fee.

Maybe I should come up with a cute name for my mutt. He's a Chesapeake Bay Retriever/ Chow Mix...

Hummm Maybe a Chow Retriever.... His breed job could be to bring me snacks from the kitchen.

No comments: